July 20, 2010

Katie & Matt's Avalon Engagement Portraits

Katie and Matt were referred to me through another couple who's wedding I shot that they were at in Sept 2009.  They really loved the way the images came out of their friends wedding so they set up a meeting with me early this 2010.  They were way ahead of the game to book a photographer since their date is not till July 2011.  They had met in Avalon a few years prior through Matt's sister Kelly who Katie was friendly with when down at the shore for the summer.  After Kelly told Katie several times I have to introuduce you to one of my brothers, she did.  Matt and Katie were together ever since.

We had a few different locations picked out to visit while in Avalon, however after we finished up on the beach Matt had a great idea.  He said lets ride bikes!  Confused how this was going to work he proceeds to tell me that his sister Kelly would drive the Hummer style golf cart which is street legal in Avalon with me in the backwards facing back seat while he and Katie rode behind us.  This idea was my favorite part of the session.  Mostly because it was so different than anything I had done before in an engagement session.


 As we rode along the roads these two looked like two kids having so much fun messing around on the bikes.  As you can see the expressions on their faces are priceless.  We did have a destination to our ride.





We ended their session on Matt's boat and took a ride out into the bay.  Boy after this session and after I layed on the beach before we started the ride home seemed a little long.  But seeing the incredible images we captured made the entire day more than worth while!

No comments:

Post a Comment