May 7, 2010

Riley Learns Photography Fundamentals

Riley is an awesome 10 year old I watch 2-3 days a week after school.  We get to hang out talk and I really get a sense of her as the little sister I never had.  Besides Valeria my tica little sister who I lived with for a month while studying abroad in Costa Rica with the ICADS program back in 2006. 
     Anyway I often bring my camreas along with me where ever it is I am and I let Riley use my smallest Dslr and we chat about the different settings on the camrea.  She sure is like a sponge and really picked up great on all I had to share with her about photography.
    She even mastered manual focusing with a close up kit on the lens as well, which made her only need to move her head back and forth to find the sweet spot for focusing.  If you couldn't guess what we were photographing it is a small piece of tin foil with food coloring and water spots around it.  She sure liked seeing how cool her images look through the eye of the lens. 
If your child is interested in photography, please don't hesitate to contact me to speak about tutoring your child.  I provide the equipment. 

1 comment:

  1. A comment from Riley's Mom - Hey Rach'! I know Riley enjoys her time with you as much as you do. And I guess someday I will have to buy her her own Canon Digital Rebel, or by myself a new one and give her my old one! Anyway, could I get a 4x6 of the aluminum foil pics she took? I'd like to put her blog post and those pics she took in her scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete